- Maria Solheim http://www.myspace.com/mariasolheim
- Gillian Welch http://www.myspace.com/gillianwelch Followed a link from Maria Solheim
- Neil Young http://www.myspace.com/neilyoung Followed a link from Gillian Welch
- Annie http://www.myspace.com/anniemusic On the first page of "Top Artists - Norway"
- Nina Gordon http://www.ninagordon.com/media Among it all, listen to her cover "Straight out of Compton"
- Surferosa http://www.myspace.com/surferosa "Top Artists - Norway". They claim to sound like nothing else...but, I think they sounds very much like The Sounds!
- The Sounds http://www.myspace.com/thesounds Just to confirm my statement above
- The Hearts, Guys & Guitars http://www.myspace.com/theheartsguysguitars Russian bluegrass...just by random, they lyrics are Russian as well making it even harder for me :-) ...but, bluegrass...I'm not sure
- Stereophonics http://www.myspace.com/stereophonics "Top Artists - Indie - U.K" Quite ok!
- Interpol http://www.myspace.com/interpol Have one cd by Interpol
- Raga Rockers http://www.myspace.com/ragarockers Needs no explanation!
- Ingrid Olava http://www.myspace.com/ingridolava Cudos to Elin, she started listen to her before me :-)
- The Mormones http://www.myspace.com/themormones Rock hard!
- El Cuero http://www.myspace.com/elcuero Followed a link from Ingrid Olavas myspace
- The Cumshots http://www.myspace.com/thecumshotsthecumshots
- Motorhead http://www.myspace.com/motorhead After Cumshots...
- Orango http://www.myspace.com/orangomusic Trond & co, they are playing on Saturday, maybe we will go and listen...
- Foo Fighters http://www.myspace.com/foofighters ...trallallallaaa...feelgood!
- Powerman 5000 http://www.myspace.com/powerman5000 Have a cd with Powerman, bought it because of the song Free as I remember
- Tenacious D http://www.myspace.com/tenaciousd ...need not to say anything
- A Perfect Circle http://www.myspace.com/the1hollow Love it!
From my high school years I knew the vocalist Ivan Magnussen in the band Ghost Dog. Read about the in the local newspaper here the other day, and took a note reminding me to check them out when in front of the computer the next time. Did not know what to expect, in fact: for some reason I did not expect to like the music...but, sometimes it helps to have low expectations, because I really enjoyed it I must say.
Make your own opinion at http://www.myspace.com/dogsghost
But, not with my friend Kent, but the Swedish band Kent http://www.kent.nu/. Bendik & co had a ticket to share, so I joined them. I must admit that I hesitated a bit, I still remember their concert at Roskilde in 2002 which was...not...very...good. From that day I've refused to go to yet another Kent-concert, they are better on cd than live. I must admit, that even though the concert was better this time, I still do not like them live...better spend the money on some other band.
Yesterday I was at Blå where Goldwasser played http://www.myspace.com/panatropes . Elin is the vocalist in the band. It was different, nice - even though parts of it are...strange...
Tonight we saw episode 5, season 6 of The Sopranos. The first scene when Tony is walking down the stairs he sang a song which I knew that I should know but could not remember. And when the episode was over they played a song that Elin wanted to know which band played it. I ran to my computer while memorizing the lyrics (not a long run, since the laptop was just next to me in the sofa).
After about a minute doing searches on Google, I stumbled across this page http://thehive.modbee.com/?q=node/3949 that had all the answers. There are people more dedicated to Sopranos than me I must say :-)
I also found the official Sopranos web page which had the information about all the songs in the episode http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/music/episode82.shtml (but not the one Tony sang while walking down the stairs)
Last Saturday Elin, Anders, Kikki and I went to see Raga Rockers live in concert at Rockefeller. My opinion is "Raga Rocks!!!" You can listen to their new album at http://www.ragarockers.no/
Today Elin and I together with Margit and Sveinung and several other people we know went to see Ornand Altenburg at the release concert for his latest album. The concert was held at the boat Innvik http://www.msinnvik.no/. A really good concert, liked this cd better than his last, a bit more "up"... http://www.ornandaltenburg.no/
I was not able to be there, or, in fact I did not bother, but when I see the webcast from the concert on Saturday http://rita.nrk.no/community/oya07/ - Girl in Oslo, I really do regret it...seven drummers playing live (One of them is Trond), and the opening on the following song To The Mountain where Greni really is showing off with is guitar... enjoy!!!
Elin, my father, Siri and I went to see The Rolling Stones this evening. It was an amazing concert, Stones really rock, even after 45 years of playing together. Read the review in Aftenposten here http://oslopuls.no/musikk/article1927815.ece
It is in fact my third time seeing them live at Valle Hovin, I must be considered a fan then...
Please allow me to introduce myself
Im a man of wealth and taste
Ive been around for a long, long year
Stole many a mans soul and faith
Dagbladet 5 http://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/2007/08/09/508310.html
VG 3 http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=174471
Dagsavisen 5 http://www.dagsavisen.no/kultur/musikk/article308859.ece
Have totally forgotten to add a post in my blog - when in Split on vacation we got to see Robert Plant live at the harbor of Split. And would you guess what, he ended the concert with playing Whole Lotta Love, the old Led Zeppelin song...and it was like hearing the old Led Zeppelin records. It was a great moment in life, I'm really happy to have experienced, not Led Zeppelin, but at least Robert Plant singing Led Zeppelin, it is almost as being back in the seventies.
And then, I must admit that the Robert Plant stuff sounded quite good as well, I do believe I need to buy some Robert Plant solo albums as well...